An Evening of Cabaret with Jimmy Roberts
Bloomingdale School of Music
Annual Benefit for Student Scholarships and Financial Aid
Join us for an evening of song with Jimmy Roberts famed performer and composer of I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change. In one evening’s performance, Roberts will belt out tunes from his own hits, along with surprising blends of Bach and Sondheim, Schubert and Elvis, and more. Sometimes moving, often amusing, Jimmy Roberts covers styles from Carnegie Hall to Tin Pan Alley with wit, charm, and personality.
“Jimmy Roberts showed how such songs should be done. It was his only singing appearance on the program, but one would’ve welcome more.”
- New York Times
How to Participate:
1) Sponsorships: Event sponsorships start at $500 for 4 tickets to attend the event, and guarantee seats at this one and only program. Click here for more information.
2) Silent Auction: We are currently soliciting items, including services, gift packages, and special experiences. Click here for more information.
3) In-Kind Donation of food or beverage for 130 people. Email Sarah Benvenuti for more information at email@example.com
4) Ad Sales in the Program: Starting at $150, area businesses can spread the word to our BSM community of over 600 students and families. Click here for more information.
5) Scholarship donation: If you can’t make the event, please donate for student scholarships: DONATE NOW.
For more information, please contact our Event Coordinator, Sarah Benvenuti, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-547-6279.
Please note: this event is a "Prelude" to our community-wide Performathon fundraiser on May 16, 2015, from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
On Saturday, May 16, students of Bloomingdale School will take the stage in the fifteenth annual Performathon. This day of non-stop, free musical performances feature students who have solicited donors to sponsor them. Featuring over 200 performers, parents, faculty, and BSM Friends participating, this day culminates in awards for the students who have raised the most for the financial aid program. They are learning to work hard to be able to perform in public and to give back at the same time.
Bloomingdale School of Music
Founded in 1964, Bloomingdale School of Music (BSM) provides open access to anyone seeking high quality music education. Over the past 50 years, BSM has served more than 60,000 children and adults through group classes, private instruction, and performance opportunities in classical, jazz and rock music. Located on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, each week over 600 students of all ages participate in a wide range of music-making, including early childhood classes, free community concerts, and internet-based music programs. More than 20% of the Bloomingdale student body receives financial aid scholarships annually. This means more than 10% of BSM’s annual budget goes directly towards student scholarship - an industry high. BSM alumni have gone on to careers as music teachers, performers, and life-long music lovers.
We thank you for your support!